Thursday, July 7, 2011

4. Tenuous


I have not forgotten you! I have been away at Boy Scout camp since the beginning of June, and I have been working on these poems in my sparse spare time. 
Now, onto Tenuous. This theme came at a perfect time because I feel rather Tenuous. I had intended to write a fourth stanza, but one month later and I still can't find the words, so I guess this poem just doesn't want to budge anymore. Its rather dreary, but I was in a bit of a dreary mood when it was written.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Tenuous
 7/7/11
Like lead that seeps into my mind,
And weighs my body down.
Dragging my breath away from me
And carving away my crown.

I let my strength evaporate,
While crawling with my shame.
I cannot stand to reason here
Against my holy name.

And my bones will turn to brittle
As I think myself away.
While uselessly I rationalize
My excuses to decay.


No comments:

Post a Comment